Monday, April 11, 2016

Sounds like all you do is eat?!?!

Although eating is a necessity to survive, eating is also something that brings family and friends together. It may sound crazy to ride 2000 miles to get a cheeseburger and Amish pie but that is just the prize at the end of a challenge we give ourselves and what a great motivator. Think about it, some of your best memories are made around a dinner table, picnic table, TV table, standing around an open fire, you name it. Food is a language we all understand, some of us a little better than others, but none the less universal.
The stories that are shared around these meals, snacks, and indulgences are why we do what we do. Last summer while making my way from Key West, Fl. to Homer, AK (by the way the pay off was a steak dinner in Homer at AJ's OldTown Steakhouse & Tavern ) a guy and his girlfriend passed me. As he passed me he gave me a thumbs up and mouthed the words HOKA HEY! Well Saturday this young man was in Moonshine. He saw me and the bike again and said "Is that your bike?" When I said yes he asked me if I remembered this incident and my respond was "I not only remember it I have told that story."
There is suppose to be a place  Pie Town New Mexico that I think needs a visit. Hey there's an idea maybe what I need to do is challenge my fellow riding friends to come and get their turtles!

No comments:

Post a Comment