Thursday, June 16, 2011

Can't sleep so I'll blog

51 days until the challenge leaves Mesa, and in some ways I'm ready and could leave tonight and other ways I need another 6 months. I feel much more prepared this run then last but I think because I did ride last year that is where I feel like I need more time to prepare. I have been riding a lot lately with a former Hoka Hey Challenger and he has given me so much more confidence in myself and I so need that. Lucie has a new front tire now and I was thinking if I sold her I could get a new (used) bike with a bigger tank but so far no takers. Riding is something I just really love to do. I started when I was 10 or so and never lost the love for it. The people I have met on my bike are usually pretty great people. I remember one ride I went on to Myrtle Beach with my oldest daughter on board. We met a guy who evidently had been living on "Happy meals" because he had all the different toys you get in those meals glued to his bike. If those toys could talk I  bet they would have some great stories to tell. My younger daughter and I rode to Canada twice and they just loved her. She always managed to light up a room. We now have Canadian friends because of those trips. Well guess I will go try to sleep again. Goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment